My Life


(photo credit: https://thumbnails.trvl-media.com/F2Z4fBSs9nlYj_CynUBp5Q4f4is=/768x432/images.trvl-media.com/media/content/shared/images/travelguides/destination/1295/Catedral-Metropolitana-62669.jpg)

     I was born in Guadalajara Mexico on May 25 back in 1993. When I was just about a week old I was adopted by a kind and loving family. They brought me to New York where I grew up in a small town called Malverne. It was a small town but had more than enough to keep me content. As I got older I developed a passion for history and museums. I would spend hours upon hours watching history videos on YouTube and the History Channel. After High School, I went to SUNY Oneonta where I graduated a fully certified secondary history teacher. While I was trying to find a full-time position I was working as a substitute in a district that had a high population of ESOL students. I began to really develop my idea of how I can make a difference. I hope that you will see that I am as good a teacher as I think I am.
 In the future I want students to remember me as the teacher that made students realize they are capable of doing more than they know.

Vocabulary:
Born - (adjective) brought to life
Content(adjective) feeling of happy
Passion - (noun) a strong desire
Certified - (adjective) Power given to one who has completed a set of tasks that proves a skill level.
Determination - (verb) making a firm decision on a topic

Grammar Point:
I wrote this paragraph in the form of a first-person narrative using I.
For example when I say "I hope that you will see that I am as good a teacher as I think I am."

Now try it on your own. Write a first-person narrative of your life.

Comments

  1. I really liked your entry and the link. I have viewed it before, but it was good to see it again. For me, it is always exciting to read or hear about what my students have a passion for.


    You have all the essential components of the blog, and they are all well done. There is a little something wrong at the end of the entry -- a sentence out of order or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Students always love learning about their educator. This personal entry had my attention from the first to last word. The grammar point allows students to write about their personal life, something that most students love to do. It also gives educators an opportunity to learn about their students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was a great introduction for your students to start getting to know their teacher in a different light. I also think it helps students respect their teacher more when they know where their teacher comes from, and why he/she decided to be a teacher. The link is great. I've never seen it before, but I think it can garner a lot of respect from your students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

As the Crow Flies

A Wonderful Time