A Stroll Through The Woods

I am running through a list in my head of the things I will need for a light hike. A water pack, good shoes, speaker, portable charger, wallet, and cell phone are the bare essentials needed for a good hike. I am looking to take a hike that is just a  few miles from the summit of a small mountain in New Hampshire. The park area is called Wantastiquet Mountain. As I start walking the leaves crunch under my feet. The air is crisp and clean. There is a distinct smell of nature emanating from all around me. The path gets steeper and steeper as I climb the mountain. I come to a rock face, to go around is more dangerous than to just climb up. I take a sip of water from my Camelbak and start my ascent. Slowly and carefully I make my way up. The air is cold but energizing. I make it up to the summit of the mountain finally. I look around and see the treetops and a small town in the distance. At that moment amongst the beauty and awe of nature, I realize something very very important. I look in my pack and realize my lunch is still in the car.

Vocabulary:
Hike: A walk through nature
Bare: Basic or simple
Essentials: necesities
Summit: Top of a mountain
Emanating: surrounded by
Rock Face: Wall of rock


Grammar point:
In what person was the writing style of this paragraph?
_________________________________________________________________________________
What tense is the paragraph written in?
_________________________________________________________________________________
Write a story about a hike/walk you may of taken in nature.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

  1. I enjoyed the added dose of humor at the end of your passage. Your activities are great too, maybe you could just add a refresher of what writing styles there are and tenses, so your students have ones to choose from. Unless this is a review, in that case, perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Life

As the Crow Flies

A Wonderful Time